Happy May Twin Cities NACE! (Insert Justin Timberlake meme here)
I know that the summer season is just around the corner with event schedules starting to get insane. (Even if the weather doesn’t imply sunny days ahead, the calendar sure does.) I want to give you important upcoming dates for the next few months to get on your calendar before it fills up.
Important NACE Dates:
June 5th – Monthly Program Dates. Details below!
July 31st – Surprise Summer Social (details coming soon, but PLEASE save the date, you won’t want to miss this!) + Community Outreach Back-to-School supply drive. Details below!
NO August – Mid-Year Board of Directors Retreat. We hear you. August is insane, and it’s hard to work NACE into the final weeks of summer. We, as a board, are going to hos our mid-year retreat this month and will see you in September!
September 4th – Annual NACE National Experience Conference Recap Meeting
Additional Upcoming Program Details:
Twin Cities NACE presents: Michael Stavros on Transparency and Integrity in Numbers, from Sales to Execution. Michael Stavros, Director of BizDev at M Culinary Concepts is from Phoenix, Arizona and speaks nationally on hospitality trends and concepts. We are extremely excited to share that with your support during events like our silent auctions we were able to hire Michael to speak at the June event! Visit the website for more details and to register – we are anticipating a sold out event!
Twin Cities NACE gives back: In conjunction with the July summer social event, we are going to be collaborating with the Sheridan Story. The Sheridan Story is a network of food programs operating in multiple school districts in Minnesota. Through partnerships they've developed between non-profits and the schools, they feed thousands of MN kids EACH WEEK, providing them with a bag of non-perishable food to take home from school for the weekend. Over 200,000 children in Minnesota are experiencing "food insecurity" at any given time and we can help them! Bring one (or many!) cans, bags or boxes of food (less than 16 ounces each preferably) to our event on July 31st and here's what you'll be contributing to:
- Reducing child hunger in Minnesota
- Increasing kids' ability to concentrate and do well academically
- Decreasing depression and anxiety which decreases behavioral problems in our schools
- Increasing attendance rates, which increases GRADUATION rates!
Of course, Sheridan Story accepts cash donations as well! They are able to turn $215 into one bag of food each week during the school year for one student - providing over 150+ meals for that student and their siblings.
Twin Cities NACE National Experience Conference Recap. This is our highest attended meeting each year, as we present on the catering trends from the NACE National Experience conference. There is still time to register to attend this years’ Experience conference: http://www.cvent.com/events/2019-nace-experience-conference/event-summary-7dc9aace1ef34d79b7907fdbb07e46f1.aspx
Member Events, check it out!
Twin Cities NACE Member “You did what?!” Event Highlights: This is the newest section of the newsletter where each month NACE members from our chapter will be highlighted for events they have created. We are in awe of the talent our members have, and we want to show you off. This month’s featured member event comes to us from Leah Anderson, Marketing Manager with Entourage Events Group. They host a wedding tasting for couples planning their big day to come experience the food and design capabilities of Entourage! All of the décor was created by their in house décor team. Amazing job!
Twin Cities NACE Scholarship Winner Announced:
The Twin Cities NACE Board of Directors is excited to congratulate Jackie Kaelble, Vice President, on her awarded scholarship for the NACE Experience conference in July. While we are proud of the work Jackie does for the chapter, we also would love to see more applicants in the future. She was the sole applicant for this year’s scholarship program. We hope to have additional applicants in the years to come, as we are always looking for ways to give back to our membership and assist in growing and furthering your education. Congratulations, Jackie! “See you in Cinci!”
That is all I have for now! To those of you coming to today’s event, see you soon.
Twin Cities NACE Chapter President
P.S – we have been working hard on updating our website. We hope you have a minute to check out the new look, see the new nationally designed logo and check out upcoming events!
Know of someone great looking for a job? Entourage Events Group is looking to fill open positions on their team!
Position - Operations Manager
The Operations Manager will plan, manage and coordinate the operations of the Minneapolis Events Center Venues. The ideal candidate will be experienced in operations management and will be responsible for the oversight of all events and will ensure that quality service is being provided to clients. The Banquet manager will perform the oversight of set-up and tear down and event production. The candidate will be responsible for guaranteeing the success of all events and will remediate any situations that arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with other department heads to ensure successful execution of events from start to finish
- Ensure safe operations while maintaining the highest standards of quality
- Support and direct the training and development of service employees
- Labor management, create schedules and control labor costs
- Plan effective strategies for the well-being of the company
- Enforce venue policies and procedures
- Enforce and maintain the operational systems, processes and policies in support of company mission
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors, clients and the community
- Read and interpret paperwork regarding event specifications
- Manage the operation of event set-up and tear-down i.e. chairs, signs, table skirting, carpet, pipe and drape, etc.
- Oversee all operation of audio/video equipment
- Oversee facility maintenance tasks as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Supervise and coordinate all culinary activities
- Oversee guest services and resolve issues
- Ensure a high quality of ingredients and food preparation
- Train and manage kitchen personnel
- Create and adjust staff schedules to meet restaurant needs
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation regulations
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or five or more years related progressive experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in Multi Venue management in an event center, hotel, or other public assembly facility.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel
Position: Purchasing Manager
Entourage Events Group is looking for Self-motivated, target driven, and service-focused professional seeking to leverage both experience and education as a Purchasing Manager. We are looking for a Detail-oriented and organized individual who exemplifies professionalism, and an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at any given moment. Demonstrated history of effective and efficient shipping, purchasing, and inventory management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Purchase products and services for the company, and try to get the best deal, and the highest quality goods and services at the lowest cost.
Effectively build lasting relationships with both national and international suppliers
Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine need for changes
Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
Studies sales records and inventory levels of current stock, identifying foreign and domestic suppliers, and keeping up to date with changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, products and materials.
Maintain a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be bought in order to consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise.
Evaluate suppliers continually in order to avoid any delays in the supply chain that can potentially shut down production and cost the organization customers.
Build and maintain information database regarding all shipments, purchases, and related information
Represent company brand with poise, integrity, and positivity
Strong negotiation and leadership skills with a professional attitude.
Excellent experience in cost accounting and strong knowledge of implementing effective cost saving plans as well as monitoring of costs throughout projects by identifying and tracking cost drivers.
Able to prioritize workload and manage several projects at any one time.
Excellent relationship builder and effective communicator, both oral and written.
Excellent telephone manner, customer service skills and fully computer literate.
Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
Ability to create and maintain procedures relating to the purchasing function and possess excellent documentation skills.
Experience in Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Logistics, Project Management, Inventory, Purchasing and Financial Oversight preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting required
3 + years’ experience in procurement or purchasing
Position: Sous Chef
Entourage Events Group is currently seeking a full-time Banquet Sous Chef to join our
team and work at our venues. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
This is a salaried position and is commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of daily production list
- Ensure that all stations remain stocked
- Verify that all kitchen staff follows recipes and portion sizes
- Keeps kitchen and any areas associated with the kitchen clean and organized
- Places food and supply orders as directed
- Receives product, assures quality of merchandise and verifies invoice
- Trains employees on processes, procedures and company standards
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
- Professional communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work in a high energy and demanding environment
- Works well under pressure
- Can effectively solve problems
- Able to take direction
- Organization skills
- Leadership skills