Twin Cities NACE | January President’s Letter
Dear Twin Cities NACE,
Happy New Year! I am so excited to be kicking off 2019 as your Twin Cities NACE Chapter President. For those of you who I have not yet met, my name is Lindsay Frank, and my day job is at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel. I work with the corporate market as a Conference Services Executive and love every minute. I have a strong background in social + wedding events, which will always be my first love.
When I am not working (whether that be at my full time job or on NACE projects) I enjoy cooking breakfast, spending hours in Target, and catching up on the long list of Netflix shows in my queue. (Yes, I watched Bird Box and 100% would recommend to anyone.)
This year is going to be full of goals for me both personally + professionally, which includes NACE! 2019 is going to focus on creating catering programs that connect education with each sector of the catering industry. As the industry marketplace becomes more and more diverse, we want our educational programs to match that. I want to loop you in on our immediate plans for the year:
• The Twin Cites Board of Directors is meeting on January 7th for the annual retreat. This is a time for us to collaborate and learn as a team, develop our strategic initiatives for the next 12 months, and fine tune the programs for the event calendar. We will be sending out the confirmed list of dates for 2019 programs following the retreat on the 7th. Stay tuned for that list of program dates!
• January 25th – 28th Jackie (Vice President), Carrie (Secretary), and I are headed to San Antonio for the NACE Evolve Leadership conference. The conference focuses on educating new and elected NACE chapter leaders on all things NACE. This is going to help us as a board grow and serve you to our full potential.
• The Twin Cities NACE – Education conference is being hosted on the March 11th! This is returning to the wonderful Hilton Minneapolis (Thank you, Kathy + your team). Registration is now open online. The agenda includes multiple breakout sessions on topics from plant protein options – "AV for Dummies", general education collaborations, and a retro "Route 66" theme. There will be more details coming out each week, but we can’t wait to see you all for a day bursting with education and road trip snacks. (There will be really great theme F&B, we’re excited.)
• We got a great response from our initial RFP for 2019 program sponsors that was sent out a few months back. However, if we missed you and you (your company) have interest in hosting a meeting, donating your product or service, speaking, or another form of sponsorship – we want to connect with you! Anyone interested can connect with Jackie, Vice President, at Jackie Kaelble firstname.lastname@example.org.
As for personal 2019 goals, I have accomplished my first one which was getting all of my Christmas trees + décor packed away. It always feels so great to get your house back to "normal" after the holiday season. Goal two is doing the "Whole 30" which I think will be slightly more difficult. I heard they allow white wine now which is great… just kidding.
On a serious note, please know how truly excited and honored I am to serve as President of this chapter. I want this to be a year of growth for all of us – in whatever way NACE can help you grow, please know this board is here to do so. We are working to help create a place for you to collaborate, continue your catering education, and provide a home for what I feel so strongly is the most talented group of people in the Twin Cities events industry.
President newsletter #1, check.
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Twin Cities NACE – Chapter President
Upcoming Meeting Info: "Modern Etiquette"
• Wednesday, February 6th
• Loews Hotel | 5PM – 7:30PM
Photog Credit: Courtney June Photography