Hello Twin Cities NACE Professionals,
Welcome to 2021.
A brief introduction may be in order was we start a new year. I am Kirk Holslin, owner of Imagine Lights and current President of the Twin Cities National Association of Catering and Events (NACE) chapter. My NACE involvement goes back over 10 years and my working with events industry goes back more than 20 years. My wife, Jessica, and I live in Mahtomedi. We have 3 children ranging in ages from 16 to 21.
When we last met in November, we were navigating through our annual EDU conference at Mystic Lake Event Center. Covid-19 guidelines, a board of directors’ election and wonderfully warm weather were on our minds.
Since our meeting in November, a new board of directors has been elected, Covid-19 is still here, and our winter has still been rather mild. Two out of three is not bad.
Here is our current chapter’s board of directors for 2021.
- Vice President: Julie Teran – Crave Catering
- Secretary: Jamie Massie – Wine Merchants
- Treasurer: Chris Meyer – The Slow Motion Booth
- Programs Director: Emma Partridge – Delta Hotel by Marriott
- Membership Director: Jennifer Anderson – Intercontinental Hotel St Paul
- Hospitality Director: Bill Hermann – Bill Hermann Entertainment
- Marketing Director: Wendy Meadley – Minneapolis Event Centers
- Immediate Past-President: Lindsay Frank – Mystic Lake
Your board of directors has been at work creating relevant meetings we can attend virtually and in person. Here is a quick look at what we scheduled for the first 3 months of 2021.
On January 20th we will be hosting our event at the new Omni Viking Lakes Hotel in Eagan. This event was initially supposed to be held in December but was postponed because of Covid-19 meeting restrictions. This will be a marvelous social event to reconnect and refocus responsibly as we look ahead to 2021.
Please login to twincitiesnace.net to register. (Look for the large blue banner at the top of the webpage.)
Our February and March meetings will be FREE virtual events. We are asking for a suggested donation for each meeting to help offset the speaker fees.
- Speaker/Presenter: Christie Osborne from Mountainside Media
- Topic: Measure What Matters – Using analytics to address core problems
- How to pinpoint what is failing in your marketing funnel with exact accuracy.
- The power of using split tests and how to measure the content your target audience loves in cost-effective manner.
- How to find out where your dream clients are hanging out so you can market your brand in front of them.
- How to streamline content creation through an organized plan for implementation and evaluation.
- Speaker/Presenter: Julia Spangler
- Topic: Can Events Be Sustainable in a Post-Pandemic World?
- Sustainability and sanitation actually go hand-in-hand to provide peace of mind to guests.
- In this session, your audience will learn how to avoid taking steps backward on sustainability progress.
- Participants will learn how the latest government health guidelines apply to a variety of sustainable event best practices.
As we look ahead to a new year of event business have you reviewed your marketing plan? If you answered yes or no…here is an article from NACE National to help you get started. Reviewing Your Marketing Plan and Revamp for the New Year - NACE - National Association for Catering and Events
Looking to become a NACE member? Reach out to Jennifer Anderson at [email protected] or visit our NACE National website: NACE Minneapolis/Saint Paul Chapter - Join (twincitiesnace.net).
Speaking of Jennifer Anderson, did you know she now is a Certified Professional Catering Executive (CPCE)?! On December 17, 2020 she become one of two people in the state of Minnesota who holds a CPCE designation. Please send reach out to congratulate her.
As our industry anxiously waits to move out of quarantine, I hope you know that your NACE peers and more specifically, your Twin Cities NACE Board of Directors are available to you. I understand that is a broad statement. Each member of the board is dedicated to moving our industry forward as well as being a friend to share in struggles and successes.
As some of you already know, I love to talk. Please feel free to reach out via phone or email to say hello. I would love to hear from you.
We are more successful as team than as individuals.
At your service,
Twin Cites NACE Chapter President
Husband – Father – Friend