We are all currently watching many of our Houston NACE family members struggle with the devastating effects of Hurricane Harvey, and subsequent flooding in many areas. As an organization we are all closely connected, and the outpouring of support has been tremendous. Thank you to everyone that has reached out thus far, and please know that we are working to connect those is need with support.
Many of you have asked "what can we do?" Below is a list of organizations and individuals who are supporting relief efforts for our catering and events family in the Houston area. We invite you to provide us with additional resources and encourage you to share all links with anyone that may need help or post updates on our fellow members there.
- You can donate online or apply for crisis relief from the SEARCH Foundation
- Clara Hough, Houston Chapter Member, has a GoFundMe campaign opton with details on how she will assist the community.
- The American Red Cross is accepting donations for Hurricane relief efforts.
Our thoughts are with Houston. Thank you for the outpouring of love and support.
Click on JOIN NACE to learn more about growing your professional career.
Another big compenent in growing your profesional career is by attending our monthly meetings and our TwinCities EDU NACE Conference, Monday, November 13, 2017, Hilton Minneapolis - save the date! See calendar for all meetings and update your calendar.
Thank you for your continued support by attending meetings and providing great feed back through the surveys. We want to make sure you are getting all the support and nourishment to grow your professional career!
I look forward to seeing you at the next NACE meeting!
Greg Geiger, President
NACE Minneapolis / St. Paul Chapter
Please welcome our newest members!
Hayatt Regency Minneapolis
TwinCities NACE Meetings
October 4, 2017 | Octoberfest | Beer Pairings
Lakes and Legends Brewing Company
1368 LaSalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403
November 13, 2017 | EDU Conference | 8:30am-5pm | Hilton Minneapolis
December 6, 2017 | Holiday and Awards
Mercy at Chambers Hotel
The Charlie Awards
Sunday, February 25, 2018 | 3:30pm-7:00pm
Pantages Theatre & Seven Steakhouse
Looking for a exceptional team member - promote your job posting here. Please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catering Sales Manager - Courtyard by Marriott - Minneapolis, MN
CLICK HERE for details and how to apply.
Please share your recipe at email@example.com
Autum is the perfect time of the year to feature your harvest. To me that includes apples and a delicous apple crisp is a must - and easy to prepare with back to school and all the fall activities.
receipe by Diane Kester
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
- Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinke over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
Serve with ice cream, and to make it even more special add caramel sauce for a caramel apple crisp.