Greetings and welcome to Twin Cities NACE!
Summer is in full swing and a perfect time to grow your skills and networking power by becoming a member of Nace. Each meeting has an education compenent, networking opportunities and of course exceptional food and beverages!
Click on JOIN NACE to learn more about growing your professional career.
Another big compenent in growing your profesional career is by attending the NACE EXPERIENCE Conference, July 16-19 in Houston Texas - hope to see you there! To continue the EXPERIENCE please save the date of August 2 for our recap of the conference And while you are saving the dates, place November 13 on your calendar for our full day EDU Conference at the Hilton Minneapolis. See calendar for all meetings and save those dates!
The Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter is offering a scholarship for our members to help with costs to the Experience Conference in Houston from July 16-19, 2017. Please complete the attached form- click here: Scholarship Application Value of sholarship may vary based on number of applications that meet the requirements, for a total of $500 will be awarded.
When completed please email the application to Info@TwinCitiesNace.net by 5pm on Friday, July 7, 2017 to be considered for this scholarship.
Thank you for your continued support by attending meetings and providing great feed back through the surveys. We want to make sure you are getting all the nourishment to grow your professional career!
I look forward to seeing you at the next NACE meeting!
Greg Geiger, President
NACE Minneapolis / St. Paul Chapter
Please welcome our newest members!
Hayatt Regency Minneapolis
July 13, 2017 | Snapchat and Social Media with Guest Speaker Cody McClendon
Minnesota Boat Club
1 South Wabasha Street, Raspberry Island, St. Paul, MN
July 16-19, 2017 | Experience Conference | Houston, TX
August 2, 2017 | EXPERIENCE Recap
InterContinental St. Paul Riverfront Hotel
11 Kellogg Blvd. E, St. Paul, MN 55101
September 6, 2017 | Solar Arts by Chowgirls
October 4, 2017 | Octoberfest | Beer Pairings
Lakes and Legends Brewing Company
1368 LaSalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403
November 13, 2017 | EDU Conference | 9am-5pm | Hilton Minneapolis
December 6, 2017 | Holiday and Awards
Kahler Hospitality Group
Director of Catering and Convention Services, Rochester, MN
Click here for full details: Kahler Hospitality Group Position Overview
The Director of Catering and Conference Services (DOCCS) is responsible for the solicitation, planning and execution of catering events for the Kahler Hospitality Group. The DOCCS recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding and memorable events. This position is also responsible for the oversight of the catering and conference services team by providing leadership and motivation, while making the team accountable for their revenue goals. The DOCCS is also responsible for maximizing revenue through effective contract negotiation and accurate forecasting. Will be responsible for the wedding and social markets. This position requires a "hunter" mentality, with strong capability to expand and grow existing accounts while driving new business to Kahler Hospitality Group portfolio.
The catering is currently comprised of the following positions*:
- Senior Catering Manager
- Conference Services Manager
- Corporate Catering Manager
- Catering Coordinator
*These positions may change reflecting the changing needs of the hotel.
The DOCCS will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing. This position is a property onsite position.
If this could be a great opportunity to extend your professional reach, please respond through the link above website or email your resume to the following SearchWide Executive:
Elizabeth McHeffey, Recruiter | SearchWide
www.searchwide.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | 732.598.5766 (mobile)
Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington Hotel
Catering/Events Manager - (170001FG)
Description: This is a spectacular opportunity for a Catering Sales Manager to help cultivate catering business for the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington Hotel, managed by Marcus Hotels and Resorts. The ideal professional will be capable of skillfully merchandising banquet space to the social and wedding markets while developing relationships with new and existing accounts to maximize revenue potential. Success will be measured by the achievement of monthly goals, development and implementation of sales plans, maintenance of positive interdepartmental communications and completion of special projects as assigned by the Director of Catering.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Account prospecting, solicitation, and development via telephone, personal contact, outside calls, correspondence, email and other means of communication. Conduct hotel site inspections, entertain both in house and off property, and maintain thorough follow up methods. -Achieve weekly and monthly solicitation goals -Represent hotel at trade shows, wedding fairs, civic/business functions, industry-related associations, reservation centers, and other events to promote the hotel and/or the city. -Prepare and present proposals and contracts both written and verbal in a prompt, accurate, profitable, pleasant and professional manner. -Assist Events Manager with detailing of short-turnaround meetings and events -Attend meetings including, but not limited to, pre-convention, business review, departmental and weekly staff meetings.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must possess extensive hotels sales and catering experience, preferably working in Minneapolis and/or the Bloomington, Minnesota markets. Past experience successfully selling and/or detailing catering events. Past experience with and strong knowledge of Delphi, and/or Hilton systems would provide a significant advantage to a candidates consideration. Possessing a 4 year degree in a related field of study is preferred but not required. Must be available to work Tuesdays through Saturdays. For each position, we require at least two positive verifiable references, a stable work history verified by a background check, a positive attitude, a willingness to be a team player, and the ability to work weekends and holidays.
We will verify through E-Verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired. TSSHO
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Bloomington
Work Locations: Hilton Hotel Bloomington, 3900 American Blvd West, Bloomington 55437
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Manager without Direct Reports
Job Posting: May 16, 2017, 6:33:44 PM
Hotel Wedding Sales Manager Job Opening
The Historic St. James Hotel, located in Red Wing, Minnesota on the beautiful Mississippi River, has an opening for a Hotel Wedding Sales Manager.
The position is responsible for producing full-scale weddings and events. If you are passionate about wedding event planning and enjoy the process beginning to end, this job is for you!
The Hotel is part of the Red Wing Shoe family of businesses and offers excellent compensation and a full benefit package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacation and sick time, discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 651-385-5545 or e-mail resumes to email@example.com.
We are currently looking for a Sales Assistant to work on a full time basis. Ideal candidates should be positive and ambitious professionals who are confident with client/customer contact. They should also have previous administrative expereince supporting a sales team and/or event industry experiences.
Assist sales staff with updating customer and order tracking database
- Assist with preparing work order paperwork and completing internal checklists
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with clients and prospective clients by providing customer service including acting as a contact to support clients throughout their event project
- Assist coordinating with third party vendors as needed
- Attend sales meetings and share information as neccessary
- Maintain all sales operations tasks and ensure timely follow up regarding specific inquires and issues
- Assist in maintaining the appearance of the showroom and products as dictated by corporate visual direction
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equlvalent
- 1-3 years' experience in a sales support or administrative role, with event industry strongly prefered
- Aptitude for industry specific software, as well as Microsoft Suite and email
- High quality customer service skills with strong professional demeanor
- Must be proactive, positive and have a strong eye for details and process
- Ability to work on multiple event projects, using time and effort efficeintly
- Self-motivated and disciplined; able to work independently
- Possess outstanding problem solving skills, follow through and is resourceful and creative
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner, asks probing questions for clearity
Email your resume to Charlie Feldbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org
Events and Facility Sales Coordinator
The Minnesota Orchestra is the largest performing arts organization in the state and one of America’s top symphonic ensembles. Now in its second century, the Orchestra continues a tradition of world-renowned artistic excellence, adventurous programming, and a visionary commitment to building the orchestra of tomorrow, under the musical direction of Osmo Vanska.
The Events and Facility Sales Coordinator serves as the primary contact for assigned rental events. Responsible for the coordination and communication (with clients, vendors, and MOA administrative staff) of all details related to assigned rental events at Orchestra Hall… Assists with rental sales calls and facility tours as necessary.
Prepares invoice for final review by Events and Facility Sales Manager. Provides assistance to the Manager of Concert Enhancements, Concessions, and Special Events as assigned as well as other departments as necessary with event planning. This position is the primary contact for venue use scheduled by internal clients/departments, including Symphony Ball related events. Serves as on-site Event Manager approximately once per week depending on event load.
Major Job Functions:
Assists Event and Facilities Sales Manager with coordination and execution of private, community, and business rentals for Orchestra Hall including:
- Community non-profit events
- Donor-hosted events
- Business meetings and presentations
- Parties and banquets
- Weddings and receptions
- Special occasions
- Graduation ceremonies
- Political gatherings
- Educational activities
- Conventions and trade shows
- Exhibits and displays
- Internal events
Provides exceptional client services that exceed customer expectations. Assures that events are well produced through correspondence with clients and staff, production meetings with clients and staff, staff scheduling and additional arrangements.
- Acts as primary contact for assigned Rental clients.
- Responds to event inquires and requests with information, facility tours, and pricing, demonstrating creativity in meeting client’s needs. Responds to all customer calls and requests within 48 hours.
- Builds and sustains customer relationships. Foster ongoing relationships through persistence, professionalism and organization. Follow-up with accounts on a regular basis.
- Diagrams and communicates room set-up and overall preparation for event. Suggest and revise Orchestral Hall room layouts.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing to prospects, clients, and internal administrative staff to ensure high quality of service.
- Produces event information documents for Orchestra Hall Staff and vendors.
- Manages events (as needed/scheduled) and/or initiates rental event launch by greeting client and providing work direction to front-of-house and production staff.
- Prepares final settlement documents and any post show briefing notes in a timely manner.
Collaborate with Marketing Manager on marketing and communications plan
- Ensures that rental clients marketing needs (i.e. digital signage, web site listing, and front-drive signage) are scheduled and coordinated with marketing design and production team.
Coordinate with internal staff to achieve successful event outcomes
- Communicate effectively with internal events team to effectively and efficiently process assigned incoming sales business.
- Serve as an active member of Audience Services event management team by attending routinely scheduled meetings and serving as back-up for event staffing.
Four-year college degree.
Minimum two years event coordinating experience in: a performing arts or events venue; hotel or hospitality industry; corporate or convention center; or non-profit arts.
Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
Flexible schedule: must be available to work weekdays, weekends and some holidays due to events.
To Apply: Please send resume and salary requirements to:
Minnesota Orchestral Association, 1111 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis, MN 55403
Fax: 612-371-7170 No Phone Calls Please
The Minnesota Orchestra is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The Minnesota Orchestra embraces its commitment to equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
This cake inspired by the Fourth of July, but personally cake is perfect anytime!
Credit for this recipe goes to AllRecipes.com, I normally share a favorite one that I have made or at least tasted and perfected - if you make this cake, please share a picture and your story for all the oohs and ahhs!
3 (10.25 ounce) packages white cake mix
9 egg whites
1 cup vegetable oil
3 3/4 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
2 tablespoons red food coloring
1 tablespoon blue food coloring
1 cup white chocolate chips
10 cups fluffy white frosting
1 tablespoon white chocolate chips, or as needed
2 tablespoons white sugar, or as needed
1 4-inch round paper or cardboard stencil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and line 4 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Combine white cake mix, egg whites, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds using an electric mixer on low speed. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes. The batter will still be slightly lumpy.
- To make the red cakes, measure half the batter into a separate bowl and whisk in red food coloring. Evenly transfer the red batter into 2 of the 8-inch prepared cake pans; smooth tops of batter with a spatula. Transfer half of the remaining uncolored batter into a 3rd prepared cake pan; smooth top as before. This will be the white cake portion.
- Add blue food coloring to the remaining uncolored batter in the large mixing bowl; fold 1 cup white chocolate chips into blue batter until combined. Transfer batter to remaining prepared 8-inch cake pan; smooth top of batter with a spatula.
- Bake all 4 cakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove the cakes from oven and place onto cooling racks until cooled completely.
- Run a knife around edge of each cooled cake. Invert cakes, remove pans, and peel off parchment paper. Use a sharp knife to trim tops of cakes flat and even.
- Cut both of the red cake layers and the white cake layer in half horizontally. You will have 4 thin red cake layers and 2 thin white cake layers.
- Place a 4-inch round stencil on top of 1 thin red cake layer; cut out a 4-inch red cake round. Repeat, placing stencil on 1 thin white cake layer to make 1 4-inch white cake round. Center the 4-inch round stencil on the blue cake; cut out and remove center portion covered by the stencil to make a blue cake ring.
- To assemble the cake, you will need 2 thin 8-inch red cake layers, 1 thin 8-inch white cake layer, 1 4-inch thin red cake circle, 1 4-inch thin white cake circle, and 1 blue 8-inch cake ring. Reserve the leftover thin red cake layer and other cake pieces for making crumbs for decorating.
- To assemble cake, place 1 8-inch thin red cake layer on a cake pan and frost the top generously with white frosting. Place the thin 8-inch white cake layer on top of the red one, and frost the top. Place remaining 8-inch thin red cake layer atop the white one. Frost the red layer.
- Place the blue ring cake on top of the 2nd red cake layer and carefully frost the inside of the blue cake ring. Gently fit the 4-inch white cake layer into the blue cake ring. Frost the top of the 4-inch white center. Place the 4-inch red cake layer on top of the white one. Gently press small cake circles flush with the top of the blue ring.
- Frost the entire outside of the cake generously with the remaining frosting.
- Crumble red and blue pieces of leftover cake into 2 separate bowls. Score lines into the top of the cake's frosting with a kitchen knife to make a flag design on top of the cake. It should have a 2-inch square at the upper left for blue field and white stars, and 7 thick horizontal stripes about 1 inch wide.
- Fill the square field at the upper left with blue crumbs and press 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips upside-down into the blue crumbs to make 'stars.' Fill the bottom stripe and every other stripe with red crumbs to make red stripes. Sprinkle white sugar generously into the white stripes to make them stand out.
- To serve, cut cake into wedges. The inside of the cake will reveal its layers of red and white stripes and blue field with white chocolate chip stars in every slice.