Greetings and welcome to Twin Cities NACE!
Grow your skills and networking power by becoming a member of Nace. Each meeting has an education compenent, networking opportunities and of course exceptional food and beverages!
Click on JOIN NACE to learn more about growing your professional career.
NACE National has partnered with ThriveHive to provide members with an exclusive new benefit that helps small businesses grow. ThriveHive provides a professional website, a marketing plan, and the tools and expertise to carry it out - all in one place. CLICK HERE to learn more about ThriveHive and sign up for your 30-day free trial.
Another big compenent in growing your profesional career is by attending the NACE EXPERIENCE Conference, July 16-19 in Houston Texas - hope to see you there! To continue the EXPERIENCE please save the date of August 2 for our recap of the conference And while you are saving the dates, place November 13 on your calendar for our full day EDU Conference at the Hilton Minneapolis.
Thank you for your continued support by attending meetings and providing great feed back through the surveys. We want to make sure you are getting all the nourishment to grow your professional career!
I look forward to seeing you at the next NACE meeting!
Greg Geiger, President
NACE Minneapolis / St. Paul Chapter
Catersource Conference & Tradeshow
Mercy Dining Room & Bar
Kahler Grand Hotel
Kahler Grand Hotel
Kahler Grand Hotel
Kahler Grand Hotel
July 13, 2017 | Snapchat and Social Media with Guest Speaker Cody McClendon
Minnesota Boat Club
1 South Wabasha Street, Raspberry Island, St. Paul, MN
July 16-19, 2017 | Experience Conference | Houston, TX
August 2, 2017 | EXPERIENCE Recap
September 6, 2017 | Solar Arts by Chowgirls
October 4, 2017 | Octoberfest | Lakes & Legions
November 13, 2017 | EDU Conference | 9am-5pm | Hilton Minneapolis
December 6, 2017 | Holiday and Awards
Kahler Hospitality Group
Director of Catering and Convention Services, Rochester, MN
Click here for full details: Kahler Hospitality Group Position Overview
The Director of Catering and Conference Services (DOCCS) is responsible for the solicitation, planning and execution of catering events for the Kahler Hospitality Group. The DOCCS recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding and memorable events. This position is also responsible for the oversight of the catering and conference services team by providing leadership and motivation, while making the team accountable for their revenue goals. The DOCCS is also responsible for maximizing revenue through effective contract negotiation and accurate forecasting. Will be responsible for the wedding and social markets. This position requires a "hunter" mentality, with strong capability to expand and grow existing accounts while driving new business to Kahler Hospitality Group portfolio.
The catering is currently comprised of the following positions*:
- Senior Catering Manager
- Conference Services Manager
- Corporate Catering Manager
- Catering Coordinator
*These positions may change reflecting the changing needs of the hotel.
The DOCCS will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing. This position is a property onsite position.
If this could be a great opportunity to extend your professional reach, please respond through the link above website or email your resume to the following SearchWide Executive:
Elizabeth McHeffey, Recruiter | SearchWide
www.searchwide.com | email@example.com | 732.598.5766 (mobile)
Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington Hotel
Catering/Events Manager - (170001FG)
Description: This is a spectacular opportunity for a Catering Sales Manager to help cultivate catering business for the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington Hotel, managed by Marcus Hotels and Resorts. The ideal professional will be capable of skillfully merchandising banquet space to the social and wedding markets while developing relationships with new and existing accounts to maximize revenue potential. Success will be measured by the achievement of monthly goals, development and implementation of sales plans, maintenance of positive interdepartmental communications and completion of special projects as assigned by the Director of Catering.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Account prospecting, solicitation, and development via telephone, personal contact, outside calls, correspondence, email and other means of communication. Conduct hotel site inspections, entertain both in house and off property, and maintain thorough follow up methods. -Achieve weekly and monthly solicitation goals -Represent hotel at trade shows, wedding fairs, civic/business functions, industry-related associations, reservation centers, and other events to promote the hotel and/or the city. -Prepare and present proposals and contracts both written and verbal in a prompt, accurate, profitable, pleasant and professional manner. -Assist Events Manager with detailing of short-turnaround meetings and events -Attend meetings including, but not limited to, pre-convention, business review, departmental and weekly staff meetings.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must possess extensive hotels sales and catering experience, preferably working in Minneapolis and/or the Bloomington, Minnesota markets. Past experience successfully selling and/or detailing catering events. Past experience with and strong knowledge of Delphi, and/or Hilton systems would provide a significant advantage to a candidates consideration. Possessing a 4 year degree in a related field of study is preferred but not required. Must be available to work Tuesdays through Saturdays. For each position, we require at least two positive verifiable references, a stable work history verified by a background check, a positive attitude, a willingness to be a team player, and the ability to work weekends and holidays.
We will verify through E-Verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired. TSSHO
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Bloomington
Work Locations: Hilton Hotel Bloomington, 3900 American Blvd West, Bloomington 55437
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Manager without Direct Reports
Job Posting: May 16, 2017, 6:33:44 PM
Hotel Wedding Sales Manager Job Opening
The Historic St. James Hotel, located in Red Wing, Minnesota on the beautiful Mississippi River, has an opening for a Hotel Wedding Sales Manager.
The position is responsible for producing full-scale weddings and events. If you are passionate about wedding event planning and enjoy the process beginning to end, this job is for you!
The Hotel is part of the Red Wing Shoe family of businesses and offers excellent compensation and a full benefit package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacation and sick time, discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 651-385-5545 or e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for a Sales Assistant to work on a full time basis. Ideal candidates should be positive and ambitious professionals who are confident with client/customer contact. They should also have previous administrative expereince supporting a sales team and/or event industry experiences.
Assist sales staff with updating customer and order tracking database
- Assist with preparing work order paperwork and completing internal checklists
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with clients and prospective clients by providing customer service including acting as a contact to support clients throughout their event project
- Assist coordinating with third party vendors as needed
- Attend sales meetings and share information as neccessary
- Maintain all sales operations tasks and ensure timely follow up regarding specific inquires and issues
- Assist in maintaining the appearance of the showroom and products as dictated by corporate visual direction
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equlvalent
- 1-3 years' experience in a sales support or administrative role, with event industry strongly prefered
- Aptitude for industry specific software, as well as Microsoft Suite and email
- High quality customer service skills with strong professional demeanor
- Must be proactive, positive and have a strong eye for details and process
- Ability to work on multiple event projects, using time and effort efficeintly
- Self-motivated and disciplined; able to work independently
- Possess outstanding problem solving skills, follow through and is resourceful and creative
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner, asks probing questions for clearity
Email your resume to Charlie Feldbaum at email@example.com
Inspired by a friend and just happens to be a chef
a perfect summer dish to share with friends and family- note that it dosen't contain potatoes
Potato Salad with Asparagus and Mozzarella
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
Yield: 15 servings, 2/3 cup each
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustart
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large sauce pan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediatley place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Drizzle with lemon juice. Chill.
- 2/3 cup equals 135 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein